Bored hanging around? You must be Tottenham...
- According to an article in Daily Telegraph, if you were an Englishman, you would be the second most important figure in England after Her Majesty the Queen and you would have played eighty matches for the national team. Have you ever regretted being a Bulgarian?
- Oh, I am proud of my nationality although sometimes, when I am having a drink with my friends, we speculate on how much more famous I would be, if I were an Englishman or an Italian, for instance. It's not easy to be a Bulgarian, but it's an interesting experience. Although I earn my bread abroad, I feel best at home, in Bulgaria.
- How do you feel when you read interviews with women who say they have slept with you?
- I get p*ssed off for about five minutes, but then I calm down. I am above these things. Such interviews cannot make me lose my temper, because my close friends know what's the real situation about me.
- Who's the woman by your side?
- My career is the most important thing for me at the moment, but I know who of the people around me love me and I know whom I love. I also know who the mother of my children will be. I'll raise a family when the time for it comes, because everything has its good time.
- Statistics shows that Tottenham Hotspur win trophies only in years that end in "1". Does it mean that you'll have to wait until 2011?
- Bullsh*t! I don't have so much time. By then, I'll probably have given up football! I have read this statistics, but this year we won the League Cup and thus we refuted it, right? This was a great match at the Wembley Stadium and I'll never forget it. Not only did we defeat Chelsea, but I also scored a goal. I hope there will be more moments like that in my career. At the end of the season, I'll have talks with the management of Tottenham about my possible transfer.
-Do you have an idea of how much your fortune is?
- I have no idea, honestly.
- What do you invest in?
- Now I am investing in my future - I play football so that one day, when I give up football, I'd be able to work for pleasure not for money and my family will be wealthy enough.
Interesting enough from the 'Statistics' question. Given that this went out on Saturday in Bulgaria, it is a current enough announcement to me that our boy is playing it so cool Steinway & Sons are getting Iceland to deliver the Concert Grand he ordered.
Why won't the ****** simply say he's off for the right money? Because, babe, the money has yet to be right.
Why won't he simply say he's staying? Because, babe, he's ready to walk. And to think they called Chimbonda mercenary...
With all acknowledgements, due thanks and gratitudes etc to our good friends at Bulgaria's MAX Magazine.